Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply)
The representation of the World Food Programme (WFP) in Guinea is delighted to post the following vacancy in the framework of its operation in Guinea.
Title: National Logistics Officer
Duty Station: CONAKRY
Grade: NOA Fixed term (FT)
Duration: One (1) year renewable
Opening date of application: July 2, 2015
Closing date of application: July 14, 2015
How to apply: In accordance with existing policies within the United nations, female applications are strongly encouraged.
Send your applications to the below address before the closing date under confidential cover clearly indicating the title of the job and the vacancy announcement number.
Attach an updated CV along with photocopies of diplomas and certificates of service to your application to the attention of the WFP Representative, Conakry, Cameroun corniche nord, Commune de Dixinn BP: 5669 Tél: +(224) 631 40 76 51 Fax (+874) 762 873 025/382 Email: Conakry.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants residing in Nzérekoré, Kankan, Guéckédou, Labé and boké are to send their applications to the attention of the WFP Representative c/o WFP sub offices in Nzérékoré, Kankan, Guéckédou, Boké and abé.
ORGANISATIONAL CONTEXT: Logistics Officer is likely to be working closely with a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
JOB PURPOSE: To collect, analyses and report on information to minimize efficiency of the logistics operations and activities.
2. Support logistics project or operational day-to-day activities following standard process and processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
3. Collect and analyses data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local logistics operations.
4. Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimize use of available funds.
5. Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
6. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (i.e. through contribution to the training materials).
8. Identify and build productive relationship with the logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
9. Follow emergency logistics preparedness practice to ensure WFP are able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Act in assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
11. Perform other duties as required
Experience coordinating service providers’ contract execution
Experience arranging supplier deliveries and the discharge of WFP vessels (rail; air or sea)
Experience in evaluating offers and written proposals
Experience in report writing
Assesse own strengths /weaknesses to increase self-awareness.
Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience or country assignment.
Education Requirements: Advanced University degree (Master at least) in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or first University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training courses.
At least six (6) years of professional experience in Logistics management and
Language: Proficiency in the working Language at the duty station (French) and fluency (level C) in English Language, both oral and written communication3.
Experience in the use of Information System (WINGS) and of other UN software package
(Only shot listed candidates will be considered)